May 10, 2012

The Garden Gate



Where moths and small flies flutter,
And spiders weave and crawl,
There's a rusty lock that's hidden
In a peeling, old oak door –
They who find the key are bidden
To unlock a treasure store,
For behind those creaky hinges
Lies a garden of delights,
Only known to special people
Who appreciate such sights.
                                                   
                                       M. Nash


















“There's naught as nice as th' smell o' good clean earth, except th' smell o' fresh growin' things when th' rain falls on 'em.”
             Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden


Photo Credits: pinterest.com

6 comments:

Bohemian said...

These Images have transported me to a Magical place on the canvas of my Imagination!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Alicia Sotherland said...

beautiful.

turquoisemoon said...

I'd sure take any of them. Wow...

Lady of the Woods said...

You found my House! :D:D I couldn't decide upon which kind of gate, portal and doorways I wanted so I did them all! Isn't it wonderful ! LOL
sigh......I dream well don't I ??

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

Looks very magical!

Hugs, Jenny

Babylon Sisters said...

Beautiful post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...