Apr 25, 2012

Wednesday Women- Alicia Sotherland


One thing I love about the blog world is all the amazing people you get to know....and to discover their amazing artistic talent...one lady I have gotten to know is Alicia Sotherland... Her paintings are so wonderful....she is a self-taught artist who began painting in 1999..

They are poignant

& surreal.....

colorful

strong & earthy... 

Her favorite subject- 
her soul mate & husband

Her paintings seem to reach in and expose the soul of the person.... refelecting who Alicia is as a person....
a bohemian yet grounded, very intelligent, 
full of life & color, 
with a inner strength gained from life experiences, 
She is one of the most interesting people to talked with...
I am happy to call her a friend...

These are just a taste of some her amazing work...I highly recommend you visit this site to see more...



My favorite story she has shared is the one about Eddy Vedder...She is a huge fan....She painted this portrait of him 
& is now on a quest... 

She wants to personally give Eddy the portrait herself... 
I love this one...

So EDDY!!!!.... if you see this post...
Contact Alicia and go get this beautiful gift!!!


Eddy waving to Alicia....
 He is just too adorable...isn't he,,,


This is Alicia & Lyle Lovett 
giving him the portrait she painted of him....

Her philosophic take on her art: 
“Although I paint other subjects, the portrait and figure have always been my passion. For me there is no better way to express emotion than with a face, or to tell a story through pose and gesture in a specific moment.  My paintings represent every part of me.  There is no difference in the way I live and the way I paint. My unconventional approach to painting echos my unconventional approach to the way I live. "

Alicia lives in California and gives private & semi-private classes...you can find the information here




I am also providing a link to her blog
http://www.paintingalifeworthframing.blogspot.com/

Thanks Alicia.....
for the use of your
beautiful paintings for this post
& for the beauty you bring to this world
as an artist & a person...


3 comments:

Gayle said...

I agree, Alicia is an amazing talent. I love that she did a portrait of Lyle ....one of MY
favorites!!!

turquoisemoon said...

Thanks for introducing Alicia...I will be visiting her site. Really, really like her work.

A Wild Thing said...

She is truly an amazing artist, I've always envied portrait painters, her style is inspirational!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...