Apr 17, 2012

Quoth the raven "nevermore"...

We had a visitor the other day....He landed near the hen house...needless to say it was very quiet from that sector...at first my hubby thought it was our crow Robbie, but realized he was much too big and it was a raven......so I only got a few pics by the time he called me...This guy was huge...the pictures really don't reflect it...



 "And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting"

He hopped up over the fence so effortlessly....
(forgive the mess)


I tried to get a picture of him in flight ( later I asked myself why I didn't video this!!!) but at least I got this..... the hubby thinks his wingspan was at least 4 feet across...He was gorgeous!!!  It was a real treat to have him stop by!! 

8 comments:

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

I love ravens!!!

Hugs, Jenny

Gayle said...

I am not sure I have ever seen one, but he looks HUGE!
From one of your pictures he looks like he is "6 pickets" or so long.
how wide are your pickets?
I'm sure he made the hens hunker down and hide!! Thanks for posting this.

Amanda said...

So fantastic!!!! We have plenty of crows, but I've never seen a raven. He's so majestic....and HUGE!!!

What a sight. Glad you were able to get some photos to remember him.

Linda said...

That was a good idea about the pickets...I measured them and it was 2 ft!! He was big!! It was a treat to see him...:)

Babylon Sisters said...

he's so beautiful! must have been drawn to your magic...

Scarlett Clay said...

Cool! That last photo is awesome, wow, that was a big bird! I guess I've never seen one because I had no idea how big they were. Thanks for sharing these pics! And love the poem, too. :)

Barbara said...

Amazing! Such a majestic, beautiful creature, with mystery and magic, too....

Alicia Sotherland said...

he is beautiful and beautiful photos too!! I love the dreamy look you created in the photos..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...