Apr 9, 2012

Macrame.....


This is an Anthropologie Display of macrame done with jersey fabric...then they applied dyed plaster to some areas to give it texture...  I love this!!!



Add caption




I am thinking a smaller one using wood or bamboo instead of the metal...I can see this on a window...... what a great way to recycle some old t-shirts or sheets.....




see- tiny buds on my lilac &rose bushes
smell- orange peel & cinnamon simmering on the stove
taste- miso soup...delicious!!
think-  about a new herb to plant this year


10 comments:

Gypsy River said...

oh I love this, so clever.....
Is this instore at the moment?
K x

Linda said...

I am not sure if it is...But I would love to see it up close to see how the plaster was used...:)

Kathy said...

I was thinking they would make great curtains too...hmmm, maybe i need to learn macrame!

Linda said...

I love it Kathy.....very therapeutic...:)

Alicia Sotherland said...

beautiful!

My Grama's Soul said...

Pretty....pretty.

Jo

Amanda said...

WOW!! I love these. Definitely on the windows!!

I wonder if you could dip them in buckets of dye, since window curtains would be on a much smaller scale and easier to work with. Natural plant dyes make some really pretty, muted and soft colors. Hmmmmm.....I have a bunch of white undershirts. :)

A Wild Thing said...

Love this too, the colors are so ethereal, would love to make one, but another project is NOT what I need...lol!

cconz said...

OH, How i love this!!!! Macrame like this is simply amazing. I have to learn to make it.

Linda said...

I know I don't need another project but this is so tempting...and I agree Amanda natural plant dyes would be beautiful ...I think squirt bottles would work to apply the dye...I have seen that done too...

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...