Apr 10, 2012

Dominion Make Over

This vintage gem was in NASTY shape...I have had this old Dominion fan for many many years...it has been banged around, moved, used in every room as well as garages and basements and has been sitting in storage....YUCK!!!


 So it was time for a make over...we took it all apart...the hubby sanded and repaired all the holes...I painted the steel body and fan and motor body ( this thing is heavy!!!) ...hubby polished the grills....and put it back together...he did most of the work and it came out.....


FABULOUS!!!!!

 The hubby tightened everything up, welded anything broken so now it runs quiet...before it sounded like it was coming apart at the seams!!!

 The turquoise color is actually much darker than the picture....closer to this one below...
and it looks so pretty!!!



It now has a place in our bedroom &
will be so nice  
on those warm summer nights..

They just do not make fans like these anymore...
or husbands like the one I have!!  
<3

12 comments:

Lisa D. said...

Love it! Any chance one can get to recycle or would this be up cycled?

Good job!

Linda said...

I would say up-cycled as the fan was great working...just needed cosmetic work :)

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

Looks great!!!

I really love turquoise..!

Hugs & have a lovely week.

/Jenny

Amanda said...

OMG!!! I love this!!! What a fantastic makeover.

One more thing to add to my growing list of things to look for when I go to yard sales and flea markets. This is awesome!!

the wild magnolia said...

who would have thought a post about a dirty fan, come clean, would be so much fun.

believe it or not, i am as happy as you, for the beautiful fan.

cool it......

Linda said...

LOL Thanks for all the great comments Ladies......we were pretty excited about how nice it came out...AH! the little things in life! :)

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh Linda....you are a luck lady....on both counts.

BTW....the fan turned out great.

xo

Jo

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh Linda....you are a luck lady....on both counts.

BTW....the fan turned out great.

xo

Jo

Luthien said...

oh man! how did you paint it so smoothly? no painting lines, like it came right out of the package!! that's awesome my fren!

scarlett clay said...

That is AMAZING! It looks brand new in a cool vintage retro sort of way! :)

Linda said...

I used spray paint...I try to stay away from that now but I had to use it here...the trick is once you start spraying you don't stop until you leave the metal...and you do light coats...took me a few projects to figure out how to avoid run lines... :)

Barbara said...

Amazing transformation!! You and hubby are so talented. And the color rocks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...