Apr 13, 2012

DIY Friday- Solar Lights

I am still working on a couple of projects...my garden gate is one and my vision is not quite translating to what I want...I have tried some different techniques and nothing is coming out how I see it..... I am trying one more thing ...if this doesn't work then I need to put it aside for awhile...so hopefully next week I will have one of the projects to post...

In the meantime....I have been buying some solar lights for my pond ( $3 at Lowe's) but some of the containers they are housed in aren't that aesthetically great so I am thinking of finding new homes for the solar cells...I love the vintage jars so that is what I will use......Goodwill would be a good place to find some cute jars to recycle...

These are a couple of tutorials that I thought were good...





I am going to use this tutorial here...
I like the detailed instructions & 
the frosted look to the jars...
So I will post my results soon...

Have a great weekend everyone !! 

6 comments:

Ashling said...

Ooooo....can't wait to see them! What a great idea! And don't you hate it when you can't get the reality to match the vision? Your plan to let it ferment a bit is a good one.

Linda said...

very frustrating because I can see what it could be...it is just getting it to become reality...
I like that...fermenting a bit...that is what I need to do...:)

scarlett clay said...

Those tut. photos look really cool, don't give up! I bet a little break away from it and it will all come together!

Alicia Sotherland said...

love the solar lights! I feel the same way when I paint a painting.. the paintings always have a mind of their own.. they never come out as I imagine.. so I just accept it and go with it.. not exactly what your doing but similar....so I understand.

solar lighting said...

Thanks for sharing the instruction on how to make your own solar lights! I will definitely try these ideas.

Linda said...

Hi Solar Lights...I would recommend a jar where the solar light unit can be exposed better...I found that putting them under glass shortens their lives.....Mine did not last as long as they should have...I am going to try some with the half pint canning jars and cut a place in the lids for the solar lights to sit...Hope that helps...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...