Apr 20, 2012

DIY Friday- Bits & Bobs


This week I am just posting some of the projects 
I am doing and some of the follow-ups...
I made one of the Solar Lights & hung it on my arbor ...
It came out pretty well.....



 The only problem was the light...after a couple of nights it died out...I am not sure if it was because of the quality but unfortunately it did not last long...I am checking into some better quality solar lights to see what it would cost...

 It was pretty while it lasted tho...


 I have also been collecting violets for the last three days....I finally have 2 cups so I am making Violet Syrup this weekend...I will post results of that endeavor later...

 I have decided to finally make my sling bag & so began some embroidered pieces...It doesn't really show the correct color but the thread is white with silver thread in it...It is really pretty....

 This is the first piece ....it has been awhile since I  embroidered so I was a little rusty at some of the stitches but it was fun getting back to it... I am not sure I am keeping the denim pieces on the right side...I may do something different...By the time I am done it will be a very Bohemian bag....

 Also a follow-up on the soda bottle greenhouses...the herbs came along just fine and have actually started cutting from them...I will probably just direct seed the herbs from now on outside because they are so fast growing...

 But the first of my tomatoes are growing great and I have at least 30 of the Roma Tomato plants going strong...they need to be transplanted to the individual pots now...these plants were started three weeks ago and I am amazed at the speed of growth...

 The Green Pepper plants are coming along great as well...

These soda bottle greenhouses really worked out better than expected and I plan to use them from now on...This is a great way to recycle bottles and grow some of your own food...

Rain is finally coming this weekend! 

4 comments:

Bean Nádúrtha said...

Great idea! It looks wonderfull

turquoisemoon said...

Wow! Very inspirational! The bag is going to be very cool...

Lady of the Woods said...

These are awesome and I'm so happy to see you experimenting with them. Your pictures are gorgeous, you obviously have an eye with the lens! About email "no reply" here is a tutorial about setting it because you are still :D a "no reply". Here is the tut on the blog email settings: I used this and it worked for me: http://sullivanandmurphy.blogspot.com/2012/03/are-you-no-reply-blogger-make-yourself.html
And thanks for your comments on my last post I love every comment.
Today I want to scream and cry because my last local friend is being forced to move because of bankers and their criminal mortgages. She is coming for our Sacred Tea and mushroom omelet in half an hour, I will make it special for her. sigh.....

Scarlett Clay said...

So many great projects! Hope you can find some longer lasting lights. And your embroidery looks great, my mom used to make bags from denim, I still have some that she hand emroidered...priceless keepsakes. Happy Saturday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...