Apr 6, 2012

April's Full "Pink" Moon

 source
"This name came from the herb moss pink, or wild ground phlox, which is one of the earliest widespread flowers of the spring. Other names for this month’s celestial body include the Full Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, and among coastal tribes the Full Fish Moon, because this was the time that the shad swam upstream to spawn."

                                             Farmer's Almanac



Maybe I will do some "pink" things like..

Make a Pink Strawberry Smoothie.....

8 frozen strawberries
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons agave nectar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 cubes ice, crushed

Whip up in a blender & enjoy


Maybe listen to Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon...



I think I will sow my Echinacea seeds
( aka Pink Cone flower) tomorrow..


Now lets see if the moon actually will look pink tonight...**wink**

5 comments:

Ashling said...

What a lovely post! Do you have much success growing echinacea from seed?

Can't wait to try that smoothie!!!!!

Lady of the Woods said...

the moon will look pink if you wear some pink shades? pathetic humor I know, sorry :D Enjoy the pink!

Linda said...

LOL Maybe some rose tinted glasses would work!! :D

I do sow the Coneflower seeds but the rootings seem to do better...but I have some good compost to throw them in this year so I will update on how they do...:)

Barbara said...

How cool - I was just listening to Nick Drake's song Pink Moon!

I love cone flowers! That smoothie looks yummy, too...
xo

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

Really interesting post!

I love Echinacea flowers..!

: )

Have a lovely weekend.

Hugs, Jenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...