Mar 20, 2012

Spring Equinox

The Spring Equinox is here.....equinox means equal night in Latin.....this is a time when the daylight and dark are divided equally...Now that Spring has arrived, daylight will start to increase, the earth warms and flowers & plants awake....

 the girls sun themselves....



 Miss Hattie, who is 18 now, acts more lively....
she loves the warmth...and baskets.....

 The chives are popping up.....
and my crocuses are blooming... 



The beauty of the trees, the softness of the air,
the fragrance of the grass, speaks to me.
The summit of the mountain,the thunder of the sky,
the rhythm of the sea, speaks to me.
The strength of the fire, the taste of salmon,
the trail of the sun, and the life that never goes away,
they speak to me.
And my heart soars."
Chief Dan George 


Thanks to Solstice Dreamer for the poem...

Welcome Spring!!!

4 comments:

Gayle said...

"the earth warms".....from your lips............!!!!!!!
i always thought Sharons hens were the pretiest I had ever seen, but yours are quite beautiful as well!!
I think I just have "hen envy"!!

And every time I visit here and look at those feet with the lovely henna art on the I promise myself that I will do that this summer...
my feet are ready for sun!!!

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

I wish I had some hens,
they are really cute..!

: )

Blessings from Jenny

Linda said...

The girls are alot of fun but I have spoiled them rotten...but that is what animals/birds are for..:)

Yes I would love to do my feet like that picture I have always loved that!! <3

Donna said...

Happy Spring!!!! My daughter's cat looks exactly like Hattie and she is just shy of 18 yrs. Her name is Precious. Lovely poem. Do you live in a forest? Looks so beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...