Mar 30, 2012

DIY Friday...Dream Catcher & Ojas de la Dios


Last weekend was a rainy one and I pulled a muscle in my back so I was down a bit...So it was a good chance to try a couple of things I have wanted to craft...

First a Dream-catcher... I used birch for the frame and tried to keep to natural items.....hemp, wood beads, etc.. It is small... the size of my palm...


I added a couple of my favorite gems....some Moonstone which is known as a lover's stone and is also known as a "dream stone" in India... as well as lapis lazuli which can bring things more clearly to the mind and  of protection..
I add feathers that I have found in the woods so most likely they are turkey feathers...

I enjoyed making this and want to make another only with sinew this time...The hubby said it came out great for my first time!! I think he is bias! <3


 I also made a Ojas de la Dios.... God's Eye...  

Babylon Sisters posted one from Esty on her site 


& I LOVE the metal frame so I tried my hand at it but it didn't some out too good...The wire I used was much too heavy and hard to bend (I need some new tools) ...Hemp is hard to twine around metal without it sliding all over the place...but I discovered some tricks that I will try on the next one because I want to use the hemp twine again.....



Anyway, it was a good way to pass the time, let my back rest ( I was back up & running on Monday!!) and learn a couple of things...this will be continued!!!

 Have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

I think they both turned out beautiful!

Have a lovely weekend!

Hugs, Jenny

Ashling said...

I love both projects...we always see the imperfections in our own work, never quite seeing what others do: the beauty of the whole. Nice job!

Gayle said...

I too love them both, They have a great natural feel about them.
Hey...glad your back is better!!

Babylon Sisters said...

Love these - you're so talented!

the wild magnolia said...

it all looks good
busy hands
and all
that jazz

happy weeks end

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...