Mar 2, 2012

DIY Friday- Solar Panel

OK so back to the more lighthearted stuff...This is something I came across on pinterest...it is a solar panel posted over on Hemmings Blog


So I told the hubby  "this would be great for keeping the chicken house warm"....he agreed...& the best part...this heat source is free

The original panel is pictured above and the new updated one is below...We are going to make this updated one...needless to say the hubby is excited and we have most of the materials....


 We are going to make two big panels...we were given two  double-paned sliding doors which we have been mulling over  for a greenhouse but they are perfect for this project.....we have the wood, hoses and wheels...so all we need to procure is 300 cans and paint...
I will post the pics after he builds it.. 

On the home front....
While we get a snowstorm here in Maine...
 (after having a zero snow amount for a while...
this is HUGE.... **Wink**)

 The Parsley....

The Sage....
 

are growing wonderfully.... 

The Rosemary needs to be purchased...
and the Thyme is somewhere under the snow.....


& Yes....I would love to go to Scarborough Faire..

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Donna said...

You find the coolest stuff:-) Please let me know how to make the button wink'_) Also, can I make the buttons smaller? I seem so lame at this blogstuff lol!

Kathy said...

I can't wait to see how this
turns out...have a great
weekend!

Lady of the Woods said...

Hi Linda, love this idea! I want to know how it works out, and I replied to your comment about my post under your comment on my page. I still don't know how to do all this blogging stuff. I forget I asked people questions and when I never get a response I think they never answered, but they sometimes do under my own question on their blog and not on my page which is where I prefer it LOL.

Lisa D. said...

Great idea! I could use a little more warmth in the art room.

Amanda said...

I love this project!! I definitely want to do this. I don't drink soda, but my dad does enjoy his beer! I'm sure he would be happy to hand over the cans. :) Please share how it turns out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...