Mar 17, 2012

Burning our Boat- Personal Empowerment

An interesting concept posed by Danielle LaPorte...and one that is rooted deep in Irish Mythology...the story tells of the
Tuatha Dé Danann who upon landing on the isle of Erin immediately burned their ships...that way they could not go back...they had to move forward into the unknown ...

It is a illustration on letting go...on options & choices.... moving forward in a personal sense...and in some cases physically moving on as well..

Lobster Boat by CC Letourneau

When I think of the boat I have been on, I think of a Maine Lobster boat...sturdy, dependable, trustworthy, she has worked her heart out taking me through many storms and floated softly on calm seas...

It may seem harsh to burn your boat but it is necessary...it means you are making vital changes...it will get you out of the personal ruts you have become stagnant in...to change direction that will increase creativity in all its forms.. ....or to move you away from unhealthy protocol that others expect you to comply with...

 You have been rocking the boat for a while now...but the direction never changes...so it is time to abandon ship, set it on fire & come ashore...
Don't look back...

As for myself, I will surround myself with uplifting & supportive women (& people in general) from now on as well as uplifting and supporting them in return...
hopefully doing so on this blog as well...
avoiding the ones who engage in a disrespectful, manipulating  & intrusive manner draining the energy that should be used for better things in life...and paying attention to the warning signs early on...Life is too short to deal with this kind of  thoughtless behavior...a theme that seems to be growing unfortunately...and one I will continue to speak about...

My boat has been burned...
 it is my time to fly up
out of the ashes like a Phoenix...
regenerated...

source

What boat will you burn???



Boat Photo Credit: I want to thank CC Letourneau for allowing me to use her beautiful painting of a Maine Lobster Boat. She has other amazing art work that you can see at this link as well as following the link under the painting.....Thanks CC!
                 http://www.wix.com/651art/artsea2011#! 


7 comments:

Barbara said...

GREAT POST!

I've been going through another "sea-change" in my life...stopping to look at my current path, see if any alterations need to be made (and they always do). I love the metaphor of burning the boat.

A great reminder, too, to always, always surround yourself with supportive people, whether in real life or on the blogsphere...
xx

JafaBrit's Art said...

I am blessed to be around to many wonderful friends, family and supportive women artists :)

Morgan Stone said...

Linda, thank you for this post. I've been 'harboring' some feelings of anger & resentment over some unfortunate situations that occurred in the past few years, and those feelings have been pebbles in my shoes...irritating, uncomfortable, and impossible to ignore. But like the Irish folk in the tale, I too have found new land. I see now that it's time to set those old ships on fire, and do a wild woman dance in celebration.

Love & light to you!

the wild magnolia said...

we can all identify with your post.

burning the boat was the closer for their decision.

burning destroy's even the bone.....rise again as the phoenix....

burn and rise....

Amanda said...

Surround yourself with beautiful people, and beautiful things will happen for you. :) I've come across some disrespectful posts, and make it a point to never visit that blog again. There's a big difference between being real and being rude.

Makes me think of one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists, Shine by David Gray.

"We're gonna rise from these ashes like a bird aflame. Take my hand, we're gonna go where we can shine."

xoxo

Linda said...

Thanks for all the great comments ladies...Sometimes just being able to say what you feel is therapeutic...That too can help you move on as well...it is always nice to hear you are not alone as well...
strength in numbers...
:)

Lady of the Woods said...

Great post, and I agree entirely. I'm with you....Beauty is the way of the Tuatha De Danann. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...