Feb 27, 2012

Once Upon a Time...

In a Land far far away .....
were some beautiful little cottages...

 Hugh Comstock built the first one, Hansel, for his wife to put her rag doll collection that she made and sold....these tiny homes were inspired by the English illustrator Arthur Rackham...


Then he built Gretel......

soon more fairytale houses followed.....

artists of diverse talents came...they relaxed & created, inspired by the beauty that surrounded them...

such as Mary Austin, Henry Miller, 
Ansel Adams & Jack London....

This blog is one I highly recommend you visit...It is such an in-depth look at these cottages, their construction and history...as well as the beauty of nature that surrounds them...

 I want to Thank Linda for letting me use some of her beautiful pictures...But you really need to visit this site to see the pictures she has taken of the insides and surrounding gardens....It is magical! 


Enjoy!!

11 comments:

Lady of the Woods said...

Hi Linda, I could have ALOT OF FUN with those cottages...I mean Alot! thanks!

Linda said...

Oh me too...I got the book many years ago and just imagined what I would do with one of them...:)

Vintage Green said...

Hey....I want one too!!!

Donna said...

Did you see the movie THe Holiday? I want the little cottage in England they used in the film. Thanks for sharing the dreamy cottages:-)

Linda said...

I did see that movie and loved it as well as the little girls tent that was in their rooms!!!

Donna said...

Oh, the tent was magical!! Did you see on my blog I grabbed your button....yeah!!!!!!

Barbara said...

Love these cottages! I'm fortunate to live in a similar cottage. It's like coming home to a big hug. :)

Amanda said...

I love Arthur Rackham! How magical it must be to be surrounded by so many cottages inspired by his illustrations.

Linda said...

Oh that must be so nice...Have you ever posted pics on your blog??

Barbara said...

I did at one point...I'll post some more again soon!

Linda said...

Great I would love to see it!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...