Feb 24, 2012

An Off Kilter week...


This has been one of those weeks where everything seem completely off...even my posts seemed weak...but I had a touch of the flu & I didn't get anything done, including my gate, but that is ok...there is always a new day,...or week!!....and it is ending on a yummy note...

I did make my little book last weekend... I learned so much that will be helpful in making a bigger journal...



This was a test run and I did different things to it just to see what the result would be...It was made from scraps but I had fun making it...but it was what I gleaned from doing this that was more important to me...


AND my seedlings are going crazy... the  soda bottle greenhouses are amazing...I have 8 of them so far...by the time I am done, my table will be covered!!!  I am really happy with the results.....
My Basil.....which began sprouting two days after planting..


My sage started sprouting after 3 days!!!  this usually takes a week or two to germinate so I was REALLY surprised to see the little seedlings working their way up through the soil....
sorry about the picture quality...it was hard to take without glare...
My sage....

Probably another reason they are doing well is using Johnny's seed starting soil this year...My favorite gardening site in the world!!! But for anyone starting seeds,  the bottle greenhouse is a great way to do it...

So the end of the week is ending on a better note...I went on a cooking spree today....I made homemade whole wheat bread, homemade chicken soup ( with our organic chickens) & Grammy's blueberry pie...

and Boston BBQ beans are slow cooking in the oven, cole slaw is slawing in the frig and Crock Pot Stuffed Cabbage will be slow cooking overnight...I love to slow cook...

So it looks like I am set for the week for meals...LOL


I am reading "Women Who run with the Wolves"...I got the book this week......my hubby saw the title and gave me a sideways grin and said..."yeah, that is you"...so far it is fantastic ...



I am ready for the storm coming tonight...not sure if it will amount to much...but we will be cozy inside...

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Donna said...

Yummy, sounds heavenly!!!!I am going to try the bottle greenhouse. Any hints? i WISH we had a storm coming, we sure could use the rain in sunny cal. I should be careful what I wish for:-) Have a wonderful weekend!

Lady of the Woods said...

Linda this past 2 weeks have been horror for 'some' women....I love how you spent the day with nurturing things, and the book! oy! a beauty! but what is special is what you gleaned from making it...I'm appreciating that process myself now too. I love this post. and last but NOT least ''Women Who Run With The Wolves''...I'm suspecting you will find yourself in those pages. I did and never forgot it. Saturate yourself with that natural wildness, its Mothers blessing! lady

Lady of the Woods said...

ps: I love that you post about all kinds of things, things I find important too. Your blog is also GORGEOUS !!! I appreciate what I'm seeing here. Stay in touch! :D Lady.

Vintage Green said...

Geez! How much do you get done when you are ON kilter????
LOVE your little book!! Well done!
And your sprouts made me happy just to see them!!! Cold here today, but I know spring is lurking, I saw pussy willows today.

Linda said...

I love pussy willows,,,reminds me of my gram <3... Thanks for all the wonderful feedback Ladies...... I agree Lady...I expect this book is something I have been waiting for...I always feel more myself when the wildness comes out... it will be a cuppa tea and reading this weekend...Donna,,,the best hint would be to get this best seed starting soil you can...it makes all the difference...

XO :D

Bohemian said...

I Hope you're feeling better now? The Man is really sick again, they wanted him to go back in Hospital but he's trying to recover at Home... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have another Medical Emergency with him, this Pneumonia keeps recurring and its scary how quickly he spirals downwards.

Thanks for stopping by with encouraging words about my new venture. Today the G-Son and I finally hauled some Inventory in to the Booth... I'd spent a few days preparing & Styling just the booth... then The Man got sick and I had to postpone everything. Well, the minute we walked through the door someone came up and bought what I was carrying! *whoo hoo* Then she said I looked so familiar to her... turns out she follows my Blog!!! Small World! She has a booth there too {opens to the Public March 1st... so I was surprised to already have Dealers wanting to buy from me before we're officially open... but its all good... winks}. I'm having a good time with this & I will take loads of Grand Opening pixs!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... where it's already over 80 degrees so we sped right from Winter to Summer and missed Spring altogether apparently?! *LOL*

Dawn... The Bohemian

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...