Feb 14, 2012

My Book Of Days

I joined on to Effy Wild's Book of Days  in which she 
is making a Book Of Days journal... so...I thought it would be a good way to pick up some how to's in making my own journal...something I have been wanting to do for a while now...Mine will be very different from the one she is making...

 This is an old book of my grandmother's so I decided to
use this one as the first volume is dedicated to her... ..
I have two others but this one wasn't a book I was interested in keeping for reading purposes...

  So out came the paints, stamps, lace, floral tissue and my favorite Bohemian picture of Grammy.... This is the front cover...
 I decided to put flowers all around her because that is how I remember her the best...she had the most amazing roses.... but there was always flowers everywhere...

 She had put her ID in the book so I thought that added to this book as well.... She had such pretty handwriting...

 The back of the journal....

I am not really happy with the spine label...I am thinking of going  more translucent with the name following the theme of the rest of the cover...but I will leave it for the time being... But this is the beginning of my book...I will show you some of the pages later on after I have done a few to show you what I have in mind....

I am pretty excited about making these...I expect to make three this year so I will have a chance to have some creative fun!!  

4 comments:

turquoisemoon said...

You did a great job on your book. How fitting that it was your grammy's. What a nifty idea. This will be fun to follow...

Lisa D. said...

Lovely book and dedication.

I love my art books/journals

So fun to work in and look through

Have a great day

Kathy said...

Very nice....I like it! Glad
you decided to play along...
I can't wait to see how it
progresses....

Linda said...

I am glad I found it on your site Kathy!! Thanks...I have gotten alot of tips from her...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...