Feb 16, 2012

God knows when a tiny sparrow falls...

I was reading some blogs and came across this post at Heaven's Walk...I had to re-post it...I cried for a half an hour after reading it and cry as I am writing this..

 This little sparrow was hit by a car 
when she swooped too low...

Her mate began bringing her
  food, love & support...

When he returned with more food, he discovered she had died...

In a rare move, he tried to get her to wake up.....


Realizing his little love was not going to get up, he began to grieve...


He stood beside he broken-hearted, chirping out his sorrow, pain & sadness...
and some think these little birds have no feelings...


6 comments:

turquoisemoon said...

Oooh my...isn't that the saddest thing?! I don't think we have any idea about what animals know or don't know. They are sooo precious. I was watching a program, last night, about elephants. They mourn their losses too. Just breaks my heart...

Linda said...

OMG don't get me started on elephants...especially if it has anything to do with those damn circuses!!

Donna said...

Oh Linda....truly a sad little story. I can't watch anything about animals. My grandson wanted to see War Horse and I told him someone else would have to take him. Even though I know it is mostly digital I can't watch an animal getting hurt. I too won't go to the circus or a rodeo. My heart hurts for them.

Betsy H said...

This made me cry, also. But, my question would be, who was the monster that photographed -- but, never bothered to help? (Bird rehabbers are not rare...)

Pixie said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful touching story....now i'm crying too...
Pixie

Linda said...

You know that is a good point!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...