Feb 3, 2012

DIY Friday- Homemade Herb Rack

I picked up these glass herb jars 
with the sweet little labels
a few years ago at a Flea Market...


they had tacky plastic tops and were on a plastic carousal....
So I changed out the tops to corks ...

 and cut down this old wooden box that came 
from a former local factory, W.L, Blakes, 
in Portland, Maine.... 

The I took some old caps and hooks from vintage
Christmas ornaments that were used to make a wreath... 
I just started flatten and twist 
into a cute little flower shape and vines...
then use Mod Podge to glue it in place..  


I like this a lot better than the plastic...

3 comments:

turquoisemoon said...

That is too cool... really nifty!!!

scarlett clay said...

total awesomeness!

Lady of the Woods said...

geez that is so totally cool! I love that! very creative to use those things to make floral decor on the wood....really creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...