Feb 2, 2012

A Change for the Better...

I have been slowly making changes and when I mean slow I mean slow...I am trying to be mindful of what I am doing so it is a slow process...

The one thing about changing bad habits is to remember they took a long time to develop so it will take  time to change them and develop good ones that flow naturally through your life ...So be kind to yourself...and compassionate..

\I have been reading Zenhabits and for what I am looking for,it is an outstanding site full of posts that really speak to me... One of the first posts I read contained four simple steps called...
The Nutshell Prinicples:
1. Start very small.
2. Do only one change at a time.
3. Be present and enjoy the activity (don’t focus on results).
4. Be grateful for every step you take.
I try to think about these at the beginning of the day...even before I get out of bed...no matter what I am working on is...whether it is physical, spiritual or mentally...start small...but be consistent...


Anther thing I am doing is......Stop Setting Goals....this was one of the most freeing thing I have ever done... The first thing I did was tear up all of my To-Do Lists...lists that I had for months and had hardly made a dent...Since then I have gotten an amazing amount of things accomplished.,..It was a form of reverse psychology...

The most recent change was getting rid of my Facebook account... Creating Silence from Chaos  stated the thinking process and after a friend of mine took the plunge it gave me a kick in the pants to stop procrastination...Tho I will miss some of the people, there are other ways of communicating and those that wish to continue will...I am glad I did it...I felt relief... I felt quiet...

I will post things from Zenhabits once in a while to share and inspire...I certainly have gotten a lot of inspiration from it..

Enjoy!


Photo Credits: pinterest.com

3 comments:

Bohemian said...

Oh yes, I can see we ARE on the same plane Linda! I will be looking forward to your Zen Habits Postings too. The Wabi Sabi Principles I'm utilizing have been so helpful and I enjoy Zen Moments and try to make the time for them each day. Especially now, when I've often felt overwhelmed and under resourced with complex Life issues we're currently dealing with. Wish I could say that I dont' falter in the Fruits of the Spirit, but I often do, so I know that Simplifying will definitely help my Calm and to keep my Peace... staying more Centered and less likely to allow emotions to consume me when I'm pressed above measure and beyond strength. I don't use my Facebook much, though it has been a great tool to reconnect to folks that we lost touch with over the years. So many of us have lived Gypsy Lifestyles and all the Travels can disconnect over time to some precious folks that I fondly recall and enjoy catching up with.
May our changes be refreshing and renewing to our Spirits and our Lives.

A big Hug from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Linda said...

I think we are all overwhelmed Dawn...and it is a daily struggle but I think the more we talk about the easier it will become...and it is helpful when we know others struggle...that is human nature...that struggle can be made even harder by out side influences and life events that seem to intrude and discourage...but we just pick and dust off and carry on... Thanks for your encouraging words Dawn

((((Big Hugs from Maine)))))

Zara said...

What a wonderful post dear Linda!! Surprisingly, I intuitively came to realize and started implementing all these four principles you are sharing! They does work miraculously!

Though I cannot reject my Facebook page:), but I became more organized with my internet activities. Thus, I keep being regularly active in my blogs, and with all the rest, only when time allows.

The very first picture is so lovely, I've stolen it for my tumblr ))

Linda, I recently came across some video lectures by a wonderful US medical scientist Jon Kabat Zinn who teaches minfdullnes and full self-presence at every moment.
You might like to check his lecture on Youtube. it's called Coming to our senses

Thanks for the great post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...