Jan 7, 2012

DIY Friday!! a little late

I was hoping to post pictures of my own creation but I ran into a problem...so I am going to post the pictures that inspired me and hopefully will have my own to post soon...
This cake stand is so pretty, so earthy & so natural...the food seems to be complimented so much more...

It is a super simple project that I found on pinterest.com...

(I love that site!!!)

The trick is to have a log that is thoroughly dry before cutting. I cut my pieces then set them downstairs by the wood stove to dry...they split in three or four places.. so now I have some 2 foot logs that I am drying...


Hopefully I will have my own to post soon after the drying process is complete....

In the meantime I started on a new project involving an iron gate, wire and inspiration from nature... I hope to have it done in time for next Friday's DIY!! 

Have a great weekend...

8 comments:

Bohemian said...

Linda thanks for stopping by and relating to my most recent Post. It is refreshing to connect with Kindred Spirits here in Blogland that can relate on many levels to our experience and Life filters.

I have an enormous carcas of an Ancient Tamarack Tree that used to Grace our property... the City cut it down without our permission years ago and though I would like to Memorialize it in some Art Form since it is Magnificent even in it's death-form I can't bring myself to desecrate it even more than it had been. You also being a person of Native American Ancestry I'm sure you 'get' that part of our Special connection to Mother Earth and Sanctity of Life of it's majestic Creatures and Life Forms. I may eventually feel a Peace about making Art from what is left of the Tree I Loved and was Blessed to have on our Property for so many Centuries... and when I do I Hope to Create something that honors the long Life it had.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

the wild magnolia said...

You are right the cake stands are magical. I have never seen any like this. Earthy cake stand takes me away to the woodlands.

Thanks for shairng.

Vintage Green said...

I love this cake stand!! I am the queen of DIY projects that go awry, I can so identify. You'll get it and I can't wait to see it when you do. It's going to be gorgeous!!

Linda said...

Thanks for your confidence ...LOL now if the wood would just cooperate :)

Barbara said...

Oh, I just LOVE this! So earthy and beautiful. I wish I felt more confident working with wood.

Kathy said...

Wow! I really like that...I once wanted to build a bookcase using tree trunks (back when I wanted to live in a hobbit house) :)

Thanks for your words yesterday...I just recently found your little corner of the blog world and felt immediately at home.

Barbara said...

Hi Linda - just got your comment about making a button; I use photobucket. It's super-easy. You create a square image in any photo editor (like Picnik), then import it into photobucket. After you've done that, you can click on the image for the code to paste into an html widget.

Email me at blackambermoon@gmail.com if you have any problems, and I'll try to help you!

xx
Barbara
Thanks for adding my button, btw!

Linda said...

Thanks Barbara!! I appreciate the help!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...