Jan 30, 2012

The Chicken Chronicles- Mister & Chewbaca


 Two of our new layers this year turned out to be roosters...
    We call them Mister ( right) & Chewbaca ( left)....
Chewbaca got his name because he makes a noise that sounds exactly like Chewy does on the movie...

Mister,who is top "dog" in the rooster world, got his name because one day he tried to challenge me and I told him...Don't even try it Mister!!    

 They love to crow....all day....
and in stereo...

aren't they only suppose to crow at sunrise...
I guess the boys didn't get that memo...

& a lot of wing flapping...

 Mister watches over one of the ladies while 
she naps on the back step..

Having a snack of cracked corn with the girls..


 They love to help Daddy with the wood...

 Mister likes to strut his stuff....

& has to know what you are doing at all times...

 Chewbaca just likes to pose...

After doing some quick research when I found out we had two...I thought there was going to be trouble...but so far the boys seem to get along quite well... 

mmmmm...monster tracks!!!

Uh Oh... MOM!!! 
Come make the little dinosaurs go away!!!! 

So after a day of big adventures...
it is time to hit the hay!
Nite!!

5 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

oh my but you do have a gaggle of little critters. I loved Star Wars....BTW.

XO

JO

Linda said...

Me too and Chewy was a favorite so I couldn't resist this...LOL

**Anne** said...

They are very handsome fellas indeed. Roosters are so very bossy and just love strutting their stuff. :)
Anne xx

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

Such handsome fellas!! My roosters crow all day long, too. As soon as one crows, the other one is following suit. And they get along great. Although the Silkie is quite afraid of everything, so there is no competition with him. LOVE the chickens and turkeys!

We used to call my dog Chewbaca!! She sounded just like him. lol

the wild magnolia said...

This is fun. I dearly love visiting the hens and Mister and Chewbaca. Great pictures. The lighted chicken/rooster house seems warm and cozy.

Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...