Dec 6, 2011

Stop and Smell the Trees!


 My best friend sent a link to me the other day saying I would really enjoy this one...and she was right... This is the link and I highly recommend a visit...especially during this month...


It has been hard to get into the holiday spirit this year..there are too many people hurting ..... the push to buy, to have, is driving budget weary people into debt once again for a momentary delight ...

then the bills arrive in January...

Miss Minimalist takes us to a different place...far from the malls, from the stores and the greed... She had one post that I especially enjoyed on "Black Friday"...she instead called it White Friday and it was about clearing things...clutter, dirt, your schedule, your mind, debts, etc...They are behaviors that should be applied everyday as well...

Though I will probably never be a minimalist, I find that I am letting go of more and more things...if they are not being used, let it go...someone else most likely needs it....

I spent the other day just doing my regular household shopping and as I was waiting in line I looked around at all the "things" that surrounded me...Most of it was a waste of space and money..nothing that would last long and would end up in our landfills.

So instead of shopping in stores with the bad air...go for a walk, smell the fir, hemlock & balsam trees.....clear your mind then clear a room or closet and donate...

it is much better for you! 

2 comments:

Barbara said...

LOVE this!! A mission after my own heart.

Linda said...

It seems to be a subject that is with me a lot lately...
Simplify...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...