Dec 2, 2011

DIY Friday!! Candleholder


 I have been busy doing some of my own DIY...My hubby was cleaning out his scrap pile and I spotted a small tire hub that he was going to throw..I immediately grabbed it... I told him what I had in mind and asked him to cut me a slice of wood off one of the logs...


He went even further and cut out an area underneath so the hub would fit inside the wood underneath  ( I knew he would add some touches!!  LOL ) ...then he screwed on the black candle-holder...I think I got it at Michael's for a dollar... 


I did some wood carvings of what was suppose to be maple leaves around the circle...I wasn't too happy with the result so I may re do it...


 Then added a coat of black bees wax to finish it... 


a ring of berries....
(another Michael's item...I love that store!!)
a Maroon candle and it is ready for the holiday!!
Hope this inspires you to create  one of your own!!

8 comments:

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

Linda! This is so beautiful!!! Such a sweet hubby, too.

Linda said...

That he is...He creates some amazing things for me and I can always count on his help & ideas....he is definitely a keeper!! <3

scarlett clay said...

That. Is. Incredible.

What an amazing project and the result it so gorgeous! LOVE this!

~Scarlett

Barbara said...

WOW! Loooovvee it!

Barbara said...

Wow! Looooovvveee it! xx

Bohemian said...

Linda you are so Creative... and when you make that Newspaper Rosette Gift Wrap you shall have to share your results with us! If I didn't have so many Holiday Projects already in the wings I'd be trying that Wrap too for Christmas. Thanks for stopping by...

BTW... enjoyed your Post on Jimi... an all time favorite Celeb for me... Loved his Music, his Style and his fearlessness at being authentically himself regardless if anyone 'got it'. Too bad he didn't become Iconic before passing... hard to believe really that none of his most famous work ever made #1 when he was alive... EVERYONE I knew during that Era was listening to him... but I guess mainstream America was not... but then, I never was mainstream... *Tee Hee*

Dawn... The Bohemian

Monica said...

it turned out so well. i'm impressed that you carved it too.

BABYLON SISTERS said...

love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...