Nov 12, 2011

A Touch of Wicker

Wicker has that earthy, natural appeal 
that provides a real Bohemian element in the home..

My parents bought this Wing back Wicker chair in 1960 for $1 dollar!!!  Those were the days!!  They also picked up a wicker rocker for $1 as well but we think it was taken from our porch...The chair is in great condition but every year I gave it a good coat of Linseed oil...It keeps the canes from drying out and breaking.. It was passed on to me and I have now passed it on to my daughter... 


This is a link to making a wicker basket...now to  go out and hunt down some willow...


Some interesting information of the origins of wicker at The History of Wicker












even the Fairies like a nice wicker chair!!

Have a great weekend!!

Pictures courtesy of Pinterest

7 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

Wicker, wicker, every where. Wicker is earthy and willow is of the fairies.

A good share. I love the basket tutorial.

Thank you.

Carousel Dreams said...

Oh, I love wicker too...I have just stumbled upon your beautiful blog, and am looking forward to having a good look around...lovely to meet you x

BABYLON SISTERS said...

I love wicker furniture! Your old chair is beautiful!

bohemian girl said...

Such great pictures! I love those wicker things and especially your old chair...today I have a post in my blog with my great grandmothers old wicker basket...Thanks for visiting my blog. So nice! Hugs

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

I love the basket with the purple flowers, so perfect for a cottage garden. The bee skeps, too.

That chair for $1?!?! WOW!! So sweet that it's been passed on through generations. :)

Barbara said...

No bohemian home is complete without some wicker!

Luthien said...

gorgeous!! esp love the basket that hangs from the tree with the swirly thingies ... so very artistically made!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...