Nov 17, 2011

~The House of Magic~

 If you have not seen the movie "Practical Magic" you really need to...The star of the show is the house!!  *Sorry Sandra*  It is gorgeous!!



 that porch<3

 This little cabin was apparently built on the site also but unfortunately we do not see it in the film...
 The sketches of the house...apparently it was built on a platform because the site was an Indian burial site so no digging was allowed...

The book takes place in New England but the filming was done in San Juan park in Washington and the room scenes were filmed on sets in LA..

 The kitchen is the room I cannot get enough of.... this is why there are so many pictures of this room!!  ..Big spacious and homey!! It is the heart of the home





 


 and the pantry.... 

The Dining Room...

The attic...       

The conservatory...a must have!!

Though we are now in a downsizing mode...I can see three of the rooms in a small house on one floor...My hubby and I discuss and plan all the time...it has to do with how much "magical" thinking you have ;)


The following links have all the pictures you see here and even more especially Amas Veritas which is a site all about the movie...

Decorology

Amas Veritas

A Fanciful Twist


Enjoy the movie !!!

5 comments:

Vintage Green said...

One of my favorite houses ever!!
Like candy!!

Barbara said...

Oh yes!! One of my favorite movies, and THE BEST house. I'd never seen a photo of that little cabin - how charming! Reminds me of my own little abode. Thanks for sharing.

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

I love watching this movie - not for the story line, but for the house!! How I would love to have the conservatory and pantry. My some-day-cottage will have rooms like those. And the gardens!

laoi gaul~williams said...

i just love this house...love, love, love it!
i always try to think how to introduce touches of it here but to no avail...my bungalow is a hotch-potch of boho, country, pagan...it will not conform to one style!!!
i do however partly model myself on the sisters in an eclectic artistic dress movement/victorian/edwardian mix-up!

Linda said...

I think the hodge podge way of decorating is the best...it frees you up to indulge in any style and is much more intersting!!

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...