Nov 18, 2011

DIY Friday!! Recycling Newspaper...

I am always looking for really nice ways to gift wrap...I enjoy that more than giving the gift itself...unless the gift is handmade too..This is one of the prettiest use of newspaper gift wrapping I have come across... and it is just newspaper, food dye & a dash of glitter!! 



Here is the link for the how to... I think I will definitely be using it this year!!  Simple, cost effective (we can all appreciate that), and a great way to recycle...

http://bluepurpleandscarlett.com/2011/08/15/newspaper-challenge-for-somerset-life/

Have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

Monica said...

these are so lovely.

i'm super lazy about wrapping. i always think, so much work and it'll be ripped off in seconds. lol


you asked about a button, which do you mean?

Linda said...

The button that people can grab to share your blog...like your Bohemian Twilight button ...

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

I think that is the most beautiful recycled newspaper I've ever seen!!

Vintage Green said...

You always have such good ideas to share.......
Please keep 'em coming!!

Gayle

Bohemian said...

Linda thanks for stopping by... yes, so many Nostalgic Images were at the Event in the Sourced Vintage Items offered.

Thanks for the Link for these amazing upcycled gift wraps... I'm LOVING the newspaper rosettes and will have to check out the Tutorial. This year I'm already utilizing plain brown paper for wrap with multicolored yarns dressing up the package, so this idea would be perfect alongside it.

Dawn... The Bohemian

Barbara said...

I love this idea!! xx

Luthien said...

these are fantastic gorgeous! can't really tell that they're newspaper ... looks like one of those high end craft papers printed like newspaper!! LOL!

la gitana said...

What a beautiful tutorial. I have long since sworn off buying wrapping paper just to throw "away" almost immediately. This is such a wonderful way to recycle and keep my gifts looking luvly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...