Nov 20, 2011

Chicken Coops ???


This is where our girls live..They have a place of honor at the end of my storage shed...they are snug in there..My husband just added the "porch" in the back.... another room so they can move around this winter..We have it insulated, but hope to get the outside finished off in the spring....

The ladies in their home...

Their "Dr Seuss" ladder out back...

My husband was saying the other day how comfortable we try to make our chickens and how "upscale " their condo is  *lol* ... I told him he wouldn't believe some of the places people build for their chickens...

So I thought it would be interesting to see some of the unusual chicken homes out there...the quote  "flew the coop" would not apply to these delightful abodes!!

This first coop is what I would love to have for the girls... tho I would have an opening in back wall open for easy cleaning...

The first four pictures courtesy of Homestead Revival 





Love this one too!! 
Who says a chicken coop can't be beautiful!!  





The chicken coop  at The Fancy Farmgirl is a must see!!!   My question is how on earth does she keep it so clean!!  



Hope you enjoyed the tiny home tour!!

7 comments:

Holt House said...

love the one that looks like a mushroom, I may have to get some chickens just to have a cute chicken house!

Vintage Green said...

Your girls look nice and cozy.
Maybe don't show them the photos of the Fancy Farm Girls Coop.....
you don't want to start a revolt!!

Linda said...

LOL Your right I never thought of that!!! They probably would...I can see the tiny protest signs now!!

:)

the wild magnolia said...

I love your little feather ladies home. Easy access, safe and secure, they are beauties.

Thank you.

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

Wow - my coop looks nothing like Fancy Farmgirls!! I love all of them, but I really like the one with the lights in winter. I may do that this year. :)

I love your coop. Your girls are beauties!

Lydia said...

Gah - major coop envy! I want!!

philipkotler11 said...

Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!
chicken diseases

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...