Nov 1, 2011

The 5 Senses Tour

This week's 5 Senses Tour with Bohemian Twilight  continues...

Fragrance 
There is nothing that smells as good as this....
Patchouli


My favorite shop:
http://www.patchouligarden.com/

Food 
This is my favorite soup of all time...I could live on this...a very earthy taste..

Italian Lentils & Rice
7 cups water
1 cup lentils, cleaned
3/4 cup rice ( or barley)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/2 C ea. chopped onion, celery
3 cloves garlic
1 qt chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp ea. Basil & Oregano
Spinach, Seaweed or Chard ( optional )
Tbsp Parsley
2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar ( adds more flavor!)


 Sort & wash your lentils, get them at a health food store
where you know they haven't been sitting for years.
Bring the lentils & rice to a boil for 20 mins.
Add the rest of the ingredients
  simmer for a couple hours or until the lentils are soft.

DELICIOUS!!!


Design 
The feeling of being submerged in water...


Art
60's Rock Posters
Love the looks of the artwork on these Filmore posters..





Song

Though I am not a fan of this kind of hard rock that Amy Lee usually performs... I just absolutely love her voice!!  There are a couple of songs that I do like and one of them is "Broken" performed with Seether...



Indulge Your Senses!!

5 comments:

Monica said...

excellent. thanks for joining in!

i HAVE to make lentil soup. i'm a soup-lover and i have a bag of lentils waiting for their purpose. thanks for the inspiration.

love the filmore poster especially.

BABYLON SISTERS said...

Inspiring!

Bohemian said...

My fav Fragrance is Nag Champa. But Patchouli is another Bohemian Fragrance that I enjoy.

Thanks for stopping by my Dia de los Muertos Post... how nice that you have discovered so many Relatives via your Geneology Journey & are planning a Trip next year for a reunion. You shall have to share your Dia de los Muertos experience here in the Land of Blog when you celebrate it. The two G-Kids we're raising are half Hispanic so I want them to experience all of the rich History of their Ancestors on all sides of the Family.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

My home is never without patchouli incense. I always have a bottle of the essential oil, too.

That soup looks so good, and it's vegan!! I'm definitely going to try that recipe. :)

Hausfrau said...

Ah, yes--patchouli!

I'm loving that tub! And I'm always looking for a good lentil recipe my family will like--think I'll be trying yours soon. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...