Oct 13, 2011

Moving Forward with Feng Shui

"With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

My husband recently began cleaning out the basement...I did not think anything of it until I began to see the amount of stuff that he was getting rid of...To say I was happy was an understatement.. Not because he was cleaning up a very dirty basement but because I knew he had made a life change.

I have been a proponent of the art of Feng Shui for a long time. It is an amazing practice that helps keep your home and life balanced as well as peaceful.

So to see my husband begin this process, well... this was big!! The basement in Feng Shui represents the unresolved issues, the broken, the past... To say the basement was a mess is an understatement...Piles of junk....full of projects and items that needed to be "fixed". But impossible to do so... You cannot tell someone that they need to clear this area in order to move forward unless they understand why and want to do so themselves....so I informed and waited...for quite a few years now. Then something happened a few weeks ago and he told me things have changed... He was like a whirlwind cleaning and throwing...it even got me fired up and I started cleaning too although I do this on a regular basis....

It isn't just a cleansing of your home environment it is a cleansing of your soul....He threw off the shackles that have held him down for so long...of course, purging our lives of some extremely toxic and unhealthy relationships was the start. It can drain your energy as well as actually age you and shorten your life.

8 Toxic Personalities to Avoid

These personalities should be avoided or confronted to either resolve the issues or end the relationships. A huge mistake is to not confront the individuals with their behavior.(My only regret) I would advise to confront with other witnesses because these types of personalities will twist and manipulate to put themselves into the "victim " role to gain the most sympathy....Unfortunately, when your dealing with people who exhibit all eight of the personalities, you are battling a tsunami !!!! Catering to ungrateful individuals who continually guilt in order to cover up their own deceit...well.....

It is a funny thing about their despicable deeds done to others, the burdens placed others because of their mistakes ...they have a way of the truth coming to light...and it should come to light. Many problems that we see come from individuals who are never made responsible for their actions and behavior...

The positive change that occurs when you are no longer dealing with energy vampires is amazing. Your focus changes, you look inward and focus on taking care of yourself. Creativity and ideas are non stop. Your generosity is applied more productively and towards those who truly can use it.

After years of being on medication for anxiety and depression for PTSD (he is a Vietnam Combat Vet), he has been able to stop both. A testament to how peaceful our lives have become...The negativity, the chaos, the meanness is gone. There is no obligation to deal with them again...I am not saying we are not dealing with the stress of everyday life especially in this economy, that is normal.  I have even been able to stop taking Paxil which I have been on since my cancer treatments in 2006. (I am working on a post about Paxil that everyone should know.)

Sharing this is cathartic for me as well...If it helps someone who reads this it is great but I mainly wrote this as a way of clutter clearing mentally...My husband's change is instrumental in that.. You have to know when enough is enough...Life is too short to waste especially on people who have no intention of changing their behavior or sharing in your happiness. So when you go into your basement take a look around...it can be the area that reveals what may be holding you from moving forward in your life towards greater happiness...For everything negative, toxic and broken that you purge, you get back something much better and healthier in your life.  The people who are happy about your change...they are the keepers..

I highly recommend reading Karen Kingston book  Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui  as well as her blog It is concise and to the point and fun to read. It was given to me years ago by my best friend and I cannot thank her enough.


"Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough." ~ Charles Dudley Warner

4 comments:

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

This is definitely something I need to learn about and incorporate in my daily life. I have so much clutter it stresses me out to see it every day. Unfortunately I develop emotional attachments to everything.

I have an energy vampire that I try to avoid. Unfortunately, she's immediate family and can't avoid her completely.

I'm looking forward to reading about Paxil. About 2 years ago I started educating myself about the dangers of pharmaceuticals, and how corrupt Big Pharma is. My medicine cabinet is now herbs and essential oils. It sure does smell good!!

Thanks for sharing the book. It's on my "to read" list.

Linda said...

Definitely read it..It helps with all aspects of life especially in dealing with our emotional issues with things material and other wise and when to let go...:)

Lori said...

People can only suck your last drop of blood out of you with your permission, Linda. I, too, finally came to that conclusion some years ago. I am happy that both you and Steve have finally chosen to cleanse not only your home, but your combined spirit..because you truly are one.

May peace and happiness continue to be the one true blessing that rains down upon you both.

Much love, my friend.

Oh, and I love the art and practice of Feng Shui myself. We covered it in a book club I had years ago when we lived in Orlando. I had never heard of it until then but I have never forgotten it since, girlfriend.

Linda said...

Thanks GF...Your opinion means alot to to me...Love you <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...