Oct 5, 2011

DIY Magnetic Board

I spotted this serving tray on Pinterest the other day and really loved the floral antique look and its use as a magnetic board....a very Bohemian piece...

I decided to replicate the look using this old cookie sheet I was using for crafts and painting....

I took some floral tissue paper and Mod Podge...

 

I applied one sheet of tissue paper on then took some scraps
and layered them on top of that....
I let this dry well overnight then applied a wash of black paint over it then wiped it off.....

until I achieved the antique look I wanted


I applied another coat of Mod podge to seal it and let it dry well....


 I made a few magnets out of buttons and other findings.....

Detail of the board with magnets...

 
Then put it in a picture easel I had...


I think some family pictures would look nice on it...
It is a great way to reuse that old cookie sheet or metal pan instead of throwing it...

8 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

Very clever and looks good.

In the Light of the Moon said...

Excellent idea!!Warmest Regards,Cat

Vintage Green said...

Very cool...........
I love how it looks in the easel.

Air Bohemia said...

Uh oh, now ya did it, got the wheels to turnin'...now where's the Modge Podge...thanks!!!

sharon

bohemian girl said...

Oh, I just love your tray! Such a good idea! Have a lovely evening and thanks for your nice comments at my blog!

HIPPIEBOHORELOADED said...

what a wonderful diy, looks really perfect!

hippiebohoreloaded.

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

This is so awesome!!!! Hmmm ... I think I have a few "weathered" cookie trays laying around. Fantastic DIY! Thank you for sharing. :)

Lora said...

Great idea! You commented on my gypsy windchime a while back so I just now visited your blog. Now I'm a follower. I love bohemian and recycled decor :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...