Oct 31, 2011

Dark Shadows Returns!!

If you grew up in the 60's, you most likely remember the series Dark Shadows. It ran from 1966 to 1971 with Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins... shot in black & white only added to the Gothic effect of those times...


Tim Burton is doing a remake with Johnny Depp in the title role as Barnabas Collins and I couldn't think of anyone better to play that part...
Depp always seemed to have an Old World look to him as well as being a Bohemian just makes it a natural choice...


Helen Bonham Carter, another favorite of mine, will play Dr Julia Hoffman  and Michelle Pfeiffer will play Elizabeth Collins Stoddard,the Matriarch of Collingwood.

The film is due to come out  May 11, 2012. I can't wait to see Tim Burton's version of this...

2 comments:

Monica said...

they are such a great team, all faves of mine.
i've never heard of Dark Shadows though. so will look it up before the film comes my way.

Paula K. Cravens said...

I remember Dark Shadows especially the theme song. I will look forward to that new movie. Thanks for letting me know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...