Sep 29, 2011

Sprouting Live Enzymes

I love sprouts!!  They are so delicious and very expensive in the store....I sprout my own mainly because I want them as fresh as possible...
some I have seen in the store look as though any good they had in them left the building a long time ago.. 

So the first thing I do is take 1/4 cup of Alfalfa Seeds and soak them in a jar overnight...

Then I get my trusty Sprout Master out...
               
I bought the triple Sprout Master which is more expensive now than when I bought it but still worth investing considering the amount of sprouts you get...You save a lot of money and the sprouts are very fresh!! They also have removable dividers so you can sprout more than one kind of seed..

There is also the Hemp Sprout Bag which I have never tried but plan on getting one..


 I also made this rack out of an old microwave shelf and dowels to lift the sprouters up in the air more...they need more air circulation that the sprouters allow which is my only complaint about them...


 I spread the soaked seeds into two of the sprouters...



Each day I rinse the sprouts a couple of times...usually in the morning and at night...you don't want them to dry out... and you keep the lids on so the seeds are in the dark...


Each day the grow....


After three or four days....when the sprouts reach the top I set them in the sun for the day to green up......Don't forget to rinse them....


You end up with a beautiful pan or two of healthy Green sprouts.... .


Just put the lids on and stack the Sprouters right in the frig and the sprouts stay nice and crisp...and taste so good!!!  you can also sprout Broccoli and Mung bean as well as Alfalfa which is my favorite...

It is a great way to make sure you get some fresh greens during the winter..


2 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

I love sprouts too. I have never sprouted them myself.

They do look good.

Talibah said...

I used to grow alfalfa and mung bean sprouts and I loved it. You are inspiring me to do it again! To health!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...