Sep 16, 2011

DIY Friday!!

I thought it would be fun to post a DIY project every Friday for a weekend project. I have been coming across some really neat ideas that re-use and recycle items...Things that are simple to do whether you keep it for yourself or sell it...

I really liked this idea...it is using old neckties to create a woven seat on an antique rocker. I have done cane weaving and it can be pretty expensive and very hard on your hands... This is cost effective and also very Bohemian looking...



After you finish you can sit back and enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

I was looking at some ties this morning at the thrift shop - wish I had picked some up! I love this chair!! Looking forward to DIY Friday.

I do "Repurposed Decor" themed posts. I love finding new ways to use old items.

Happy weekend!!

Linda said...

I like that title...I will have to check out some of those posts...

have a great weekend!! :)

BABYLON SISTERS said...

I was just noticing all the ties at a thrift store today too. Love the new Friday idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...