Sep 23, 2011

DIY Friday- Burlap


I love burlap...I love the texture and earthy look....it comes in different weaves and colors ( the colors are more expensive, so I dye my own) ....it is versatile and inexpensive...and in this economy, that is a good thing...I have two chairs that were given to me recently that I am redoing in burlap...I will post pictures when I am finished...

Meanwhile, here are a few ideas for it's use...


Wedding Favors filled with Coffee beans


Pillows

Curtains


Slip Covers/ Upholstery



More Pillows..
I love the stenciling...



Lampshades



Sachets...filled with a fragrant herb like Lavender...


Fall Wreath


Burlap Flowers...


This would make a cute gift...


Christmas Stocking...


I have also included some links to some sites where you can purchase burlap, print on burlap and graphics to spice up the burlap..



The Graphics Fairy is a great site for all kinds of labels and pictures to download for free...





Some sites to buy fabric....







All pictures come from Pinterest and the links to each craft can be found here...
http://pinterest.com/mrsdeuce/burlap-linen-hemp/


Enjoy the weekend!!

9 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

I love the burlap curtains.

Burlap is exotic and makes me think of far away tropics and air filled with the scent of spices.

Good post.

Linda said...

I agree...there is something very exotic to it..... :)

Vintage Green said...

I love the way it looks.....hate working with it. (that's it....now
I am just hanging listening to the music)

Linda said...

The tighter the weave the easier it is...the real loose weave is hard to work with, I agree...I usually use that for wrapping things...:)

Petra said...

some great ideas now that christmas is approaching. thanks for sharing :)

Mels Designs said...

I'm wild about burlap!! I found you off google and now I'm a follower....good ideas! Mel's Designs from the Cabin

Elaine Edington said...

I used burlap as wallpaper in my kitchen many years ago. It was very country/cozy and unique. I still love to use it for projects

Elaine Edington said...

I used burlap as wallpaper in my kitchen many years ago. It was very country/cozy and unique. I still love to use it for projects

Linda said...

That's a good idea...I am going to have to try that... I would like the texture of burlap on a wall...thanks for the tip..:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...