Aug 21, 2011

When you leave Nature alone.....

It is amazing what happens.....For the last few years, I have cleaned out our pond in the spring...my husband got the water pump going and I would clean up around my lily pads......

This year the pump stopped working and we didn't get around to replacing it..we got busy with our garden and chickens basically left the pond alone.....


By doing that, my Lily Pad tripled in size and I have four flowers with two more coming up!!!

I had been lucky to have one flower each year..... Plus the plant is growing right up the bank....



We have decided to leave the pond alone as a small wetland...and just add some cat'o nine tails to it...We love it and the frogs and dragonflies love it too...They have increased in numbers as well....

As always, Mother Nature knows best....

4 comments:

Luthien said...

well said :)

**Anne** said...

Just gorgeous and so glad to hear you have more flowers and little creatures coming to enjoy your watery retreat.

the wild magnolia said...

Wonderful! Nature does good work. thank you for sharing these wonderful photographs.

Bohemian said...

Water Lilies always look so surreal to me, yours are just lovely... I agree, when you leave Nature alone it knows just what to do! *winks*

Dawn... The Bohemian

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...