Aug 20, 2011

Hippie Style Jars & Bottles..

I love texture and natural fabrics... a cool way to recycle glass containers is to cover them with materials like cheesecloth, burlap or linen. Those are my preferences but any material could be used.


The large container had a large crack in it so I soaked a piece of burlap in some Mod Podge and wrapped it around the jar. Once dried it is solid but I have another jar inside which holds my bamboo just because the glass had been compromised. But I was happy to be able to reuse this....

I use Stiffy Fabric Stiffener on the cheesecloth and as it dries I squeeze it and shape it to the look I want.... I add layers of the material just because I like the looks of it... I then make a small bowl of coffee and just paint a light stain on the edges of the cloth to give it an aged look too.

I add some macrame, beads and findings to add a more decorative touch. I use these for plants, loose change, and beads or just a decorative touch... What ever your preference, you can let your imagination run wild. They would make great gift containers too. Hope this provides some inspiration of your own.




2 comments:

Amanda ~ Blue LaReve said...

What a pretty way to reuse! Love the charms and beads hanging from the rims.

BABYLON SISTERS said...

love these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...