Jun 21, 2011

Rose Oil DIY

With the roses blooming everywhere, I usually make some rose oil for the year.
It is very easy to make your own.

Just gather a bowl of the most fragrant roses....I like the old-fashioned varieties as they are so much more fragrant and just as beautiful as far as I am concerned than the ones that are bred just for the beauty...
Fill a glass container with the rose petals then a carrier oil...I use Canola or Olive Oil...


Push the Rose petals down with a wooden spoon...a bonus is the spoon gets a nice oiling too!!


Close it up and put it in a dark cool place for two weeks...I use the closet in my craft room..
After two weeks strain the oil into smaller bottles and seal.....I keep mine in the refrigerator until I am ready to use them. I use this for a skin softener for my hands and feet...
I go barefoot alot and this helps...and I use it on my furniture which leaves a nice scent of roses!!
So if you have roses available take advantage of them...

Enjoy!!


4 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

what a great idea! do you think it would work with lavender?

Linda said...

I don't see why it wouldn't....your extracting the oil from the plant...just keep it in a cool dark place...

:)

Michele said...

Where can u get roses which are not for decorating?

Linda said...

Hi Michelle...I am not sure where you could buy organic roses...Usually you risk the chance of them having been sprayed if bought at a flower shop...I grow mine so if you could find someone you know that grows them they may share some of them with you, that would be a safer bet...Hope that helps some... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...