Jun 14, 2011

Mama Turtle is back


We apparently have become a nesting ground for our local Mud Turtles. Of course they have chosen to lay their eggs right into some choice composted loam that I have been working on so I guess I will take it as a compliment that they feel it is a great place to place their eggs...

Living in the country gives you a front row seat to be part of this and it never ceases to amaze us. Sometimes it is just the sounds alone that can be a treat.

We had another Mama Turtle last year ( I would like to think this year's is the same one) but her eggs didn't make it thanks to the ants...such is Nature. Hopefully, we will see some baby turtles scurrying towards the big pond this year...I will be sure to update if we do...

(I, again, apoligise for the picture quality....I have got to get a new camera soon!!)




Have a Great Day!!

2 comments:

John said...

I know a lot of folks who don’t eat eggs (they’re allergic, for health reasons, or concerns about animal cruelty). Here’s an awesome site that gives tips on cooking and baking without eggs: http://EggFreeLiving.com

Linda said...

Thanks John for the link....

I do have my own free range chickens for eggs but I am going to check it out for recipes...

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...