Jun 21, 2011

Junk??!!? Redo

The hubby and I pulled this from the wood pile at the local transfer station in town. It was basically in good shape. There were tacky sort of stained glass plastic covers on the doors and the doors were a little off kilter but it was solid.

I cleaned it up with Murphy's Oil Soap and gave it a good coat of black Bees Wax. I changed out the hardware for wrought iron hinges and a pull and put black screening in the doors.
Now I have another storage piece in the kitchen....
Remember to always Recycle, Repurpose and Reclaim!!

2 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

fantastic!
i did a similar thing with a
1960's freestanding kitchen unit that was my parents when they married. it was far too good to stay locked in a shed full of tools!

Linda said...

That is even better because of the sentimentality to the piece...
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...