Jun 24, 2011

Bells & Chimes

I love the sound of bells and even more so as chimes....In Feng Shui, they help create a good energy flow and dispel negative influences that may come into your home... They help to counteract harsh noises such as traffic and creates a sound that is therapeutic and grounding....


They can also be sentimental as well.....I have my Pepere's cow bells that hang on the basket with my dishcloths so they sound when I grab a cloth.....


I also have a group of copper bells that I plan on making a big chime to hang by the kitchen sliding glass doors...

These are a few images of bells that I like...Hope you enjoy!!








I would love one of these....





Tibetan Bells


Bells overlooking Phuket, Thailand


















(Disclaimer: all pictures are from Tumblr unless otherwise linked to give credit to the source)

3 comments:

Luthien said...

fascinating topic on chimes and such beautiful pictures!! today's post is inspiring!!

Linda said...

Thanks glad you liked it...I love bells!! :)

Lady of the Woods said...

as usual....I want them all....sigh.
check out these lamps Linda, I think, no...lol...I'm pretty sure, you'll love them http://www.nightshades.com/lamps.html
I bought a $1.99 shade from the thrift for a base I got from there too...I think I'm going to do something along these lines for it :D:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...