May 7, 2011

On Mother Day's

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
~~~Washington Irving~~~


Not all of us are blessed with a mother that has a maternal nature that makes her function in a way that a mother should. It is sad but a fact of life. I am very lucky to have an Aunt that fills that place. No matter what is going on in her life her focus and concern is on you. To me, she is an Angel on earth and my husband calls her a Saint. She is loved more than she knows by our family. She is unselfish, caring, loving and strong. She stands up for what she believes in. She has been a constant in my life and my family’s. She is the essence of what maternal means. I thank God for her presence in my life.The quote above is just one that describes her so completely….

So Happy Mother’s Day, Aunt Pauline. I love you very much!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...