Mar 3, 2011

A Re-purposed Room with a View

Everyone should have a room where they can go for inspiration and creating. I have designed my craft room in a way that it is a visual inspiration. I have a closet that has all my beads, tools, paints and findings for creating items.

I wanted a room that reflected things I love and that was aesthetically pleasing. Antiques, pictures of family & friends, artwork from my kids and husband, sunshine, trees and plants outside the window. I still have to finish the floor and re-paint the room but it is one of my favorite rooms...

An old window decorated with grapevine and greenery
and a bird nest found outside.

An old ladder that was my Father-in-Laws
that I use to hang my fabric on, as well as Flea Market items
where they can be seen until an idea on how to display
it pops into my mind.....


A trio of old desk drawers used as wall shelves.
The bench holds my sewing notions and more fabric.
I prefer benches, boxes and baskets to store things
tho I do use some plastic containers which are out of sight.

There will be more pictures posted of what I will be doing in this room
and how I organize my art materials. Hopefully, it will be an inspiration to someone else to
have a room that gets the creativity flowing.

2 comments:

Alicia Sotherland said...

I enjoy seeing photos of someones actual home. I do love professional photos of other places, but seeing a real persons home photos ( and photos taken not by a professional) is the most inspiring. Seeing how people actually live among what they love. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Thanks for the compliment...I want to start doing more of that if i can ever get my rooms finished!! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...