Jan 19, 2011

A Mystic Garden




Everyone should have one...Our bedroom overlooks our mystic garden... It is the first thing I see when I get up. A great way to start the day..
All gardens are mystical because even in the winter there are things taking place under the snow away from our eyes...little miracles that occur even during the cold winter months...
I read a book, mostly during the winter months, called "The Mystic Garden" by Gunilla Norris ... Not everyday but when I feel I need a boost. It is a reminder of how important winter is...not only for our environment but for ourselves ....here is an excerpt from the first chapter "Winter"...



"Now is the time for no thing. We are invited to enter this mystery. Frost is the teacher that shows us we would not survive a day without a home and heat. And our souls, too, know something our outer selves do not register most of the time: in winter we have a chance to enter a clear empty space. When ever something ends, something else has begun. Our souls can dive into the biting cold, into the darkness, into bare being. The unknown is there. There is no calender, no time. No self-definition. Winter is a womb in which to grow."





This is a book I highly recommend...very simple but profound. Whether you have a garden or not, you will benefit from it...But it may also get you thinking about having your own garden no matter how large or how small...



1 comment:

Teresa said...

I would like to read that book. I'll check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...