Dec 31, 2010

Happy New Year !

This is probably what I will be doing when the clock strikes 12...snug as a bug in a rug!!! ...but you never know I might make it !

No resolutions for me this year just a continuation of my journey and grateful for what I have in life. My family and friends, most importantly, my little animals, my home, and opportunities. I welcome the good things and people on my journey.. as well as all the people who visit and comment about my blog...I hope you will enjoy the upcoming posts I have planned...


But the most important thing...to move toxic people out of my life permanently or at least I have extremely little interaction. It is a healthy thing to do especially when those toxic people have no intention of changing who they are...So as this year closes, I would like to share this with you on this issue.

Let's get healthy....in every way!!! These are some excerpts from Bella Online, The Voice of Women. I hope you take the time to read this. It has helped me greatly... and I, as well as my husband, look forward to a year with little impact from malicious toxic people...



* Be comforted in the fact that you are not alone. Every person walking the earth knows at least one toxic person in their life. The toxic person is a family member, friend, associate, workmate, boss, etc. Toxic people come in all shapes and forms as they know no boundaries. ( ..and they do not respect your boundaries either)


* A toxic person will cause other people pain, craziness, and aggravation. They are simple to recognize. Just take notice of how you feel when you are around one of these people. It will be easy to determine. You will immediately feel sick and experience physical symptoms like a headache or stomach pain. Or you will just feel like you are going crazy, but don't worry because that is the true mark of being with a toxic person.



* In life, each of us has to take responsibility for our own actions. Toxic people do not do this. They have a habit of turning things around so that you feel bad, you feel guilty, and you feel like you are at fault. Remember that when dealing with a toxic person, they are responsible for their own actions, but often do not. Realize this and you take back your power.


* Allow yourself to disengage, disassociate, and detach. Detachment is a process of not caring. It is something you do for yourself. It is a mental skill that takes some time to learn at first, but once it is mastered, it can help you to become stronger mentally and physically.


* Most importantly develop supportive relationships with your life partner, friends, family, workmates, and associates. Talking things over with the people in your life who love and care for you, can help you to overcome the negativity of toxic people. Just as animals and children instinctively can sense when someone is good or evil, the people who love you are very good at recognizing when someone is toxic and hurting you. Loved ones are a good defense against toxic people because they can offer you good advice and support for eliminating negative influences in your life
.

Please read the rest of the ideas on http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art39146.asp


Have a wonderful, happy and healthy 2011 everyone!!






1 comment:

Teresa said...

Good advice. I definitely have one toxic person to deal with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...