Jul 31, 2010

In Memory of Carroll

Carroll and Harold Wilson


Carroll Wilson died 2 yrs ago today of Colon Cancer. He was only 56 years old the same age I will be this November. I also had the same cancer in 2006-2007 but survived and am coming up on my 3 yr anniversary of being cancer- free. Carroll and his twin Brother Harold are friends of mine. Carroll is on the left in the picture above.
Growing up in Dixfield, there were many things that are fundamental to Dixfield. One of them are the Wilson twins. Everyone knew them...To think of Harold with out his brother does not seem natural. So I will never think that way. But the point I am trying to make is how awful this cancer is. It causes too much suffering and heart break. It takes our family and friends away from us too soon. I do not want people to forget this. I was very lucky. So let me be a voice for Carroll as well as myself and ask everyone of you who reads this......

If you are 50 yrs old and up, GET your Colonoscopy. It could save your life. It could catch it before it starts. In my case, it caught it before it reached a stage too late. It is a test that takes about 15 mins and is painless. Believe me, it is worth it....

I do not want to see anyone have to go thorough what Carroll and I had to. I consider myself so lucky for still being here...So in honor of Carroll Wilson, PlEASE do not forget him and the disease that took him too soon....Lets honor him by passing this message along to your family and friends who you know should get this test....Lets save some lives...


Rest in Peace Carroll, you will never be forgotten.






Carroll L. Wilson


LEWISTON - Carroll L. Wilson, 56, of Dixfield, died on July 31, 2008 at the Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston surrounded by family and friends. He was born, July 8, 1952, in Rumford the son of Carroll and Olivine McDonald Wilson. He graduated from Dirigo High School in 1970 where he played baseball and was a captain of the basketball team. Carroll worked for the Maine Department of Conservation as a Mt. Blue State Park Ranger. He loved to hunt, fish, snowmobile and watch the Red Sox. Some of his most beloved time spent duck hunting with his black labs, Shaver and Jackson from his camp in Stueben and fishing and mingling with guests at Tim Pond Camps in Eustis. He was a member of the Webb River Sportsman's Club in Dixfield and the Mystic Tie Lodge #154 AF & AM in Weld where he was a Past Master. He is survived by his siblings, Betty Calden and her husband, Harvey of Jay, John Wilson and his wife, Wanita of Peru, twin brother, Harold Wilson of Dixfield and Richard "Rick" and Celeste Wilson of Dixfield; special nieces and nephews, Shelley Wilson, Wendy Hall, Bill Calden, Becky Smith, Lisa Cote Matheau Wilson, Ronnie and Bobby McDonald; grandniece, Hailey Wilson; special friend, Steve Drury of Canton. He was predeceased by his parents and a brother, Robert "Bob" McDonald.





Thank You


1 comment:

Donna said...

I actually have a GI doctor appt next week.I am sure he will order a Colonoscopy due to the problems I am having. Ischemic Colitis was diagnosed with the first one 4 years ago but has gotten worse. Probably TMI.......lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...