May 19, 2010

Environmental Apocalypse

I am listening to my husband playing "Instant Karma"
by John Lennon.
It struck me how very fitting this is for the Gulf.
Retribution comes in many forms....
But if you put crap out there...it will come back to you..
Those responsible will get theirs....



"Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead
What in the world you thinking of
Laughing in the face of love
What on earth you tryin' to do
It's up to you, yeah you

Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna look you right in the face
Better get yourself together darlin'
Join the human race
How in the world you gonna see
Laughin' at fools like me
Who on earth d'you think you are
A super star
Well, right you are"



Unfortunately, there are many innocents that are now being devastated because of the
selfish, arrogant and irresponsible behavior of a few.
A friend of mine who lives near the
Pensacola area posted these Greenpeace pictures on her Face Book page today.



6 comments:

Lori said...

I couldn't bring myself to look at the pictures again, once today was enough for me, Linda.

I do love the Instant Karma quote, it is very apropos. Sadly enough.

Thank you for posting on this disaster here, Linda. It is so important that people everywhere understand the devastation this will bring not just to those of us who live here, but to the country.

Peace, girlfriend.

Lori said...

Oh, I just wanted to say I love that barefoot picture you have posted here. I have seen it and admired it before. Brings back many memories.

A Life said...

Hello Linda...thank-you for this post. We are living with this right in our back yard and it pains me to think the very long term effect. Just to see all the beautiful fishing boats sitting in the harbor is a constant reminder that something awful is out there destroying everything. Laife

Linda said...

I am very concerned for all of us but for you and Lori living right there seeing it, breathing it and living it...your way of life is being destroyed before your eyes...
The effect will not only be economically and physically but also psychologically and spiritually...Our connection to the earth is deeply entrenced in us all.

The word helpless comes to my mind every day along with anger at the thoughtless, selfish perpetrators of this catastrophe...I just cannot imagine how you live with those same feelings every day as it is unfolding before you....
Stay Strong Sistas!!! My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you..

InspireBohemia@gmail.com said...

I know, this Gulf oil spill is terrible, and it only continues to get worse with no real end in sight. That, together with all of the earthquakes and other natural disasters that have been occurring all around the world consecutively just this year and the growing severity of weather in the past few years.... I'd hate to think the Mayans were spot on about 2012, but who knows what the universe has in store for us. One thing is for sure, Instant Karma is a great song, the world is definitely witnessing all the natural and man-made consequences surfacing from decades of carelessness. What will it take for the entire world to really wake up and change? Is it too nihilistic to seriously doubt that will ever happen?

Live each day to its fullest never meant so much!

Méa Strauß said...

Thank´s for posting things like this here!! And John Lennon be blessed...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...