Apr 16, 2010

Benefit For Brittany


In my home town lives a young woman named Brittany Riley. Brittany is 20 yrs old. A recent MRI found a cancerous tumor on her sacrum bone, (the bottom of her spine). Having cancer is bad enough, I know from having it myself, but having a diagnosis at such an early age is heart breaking to me. It should be a time of fun and friends. But now she needs our support, love and prayers.

Along with this, financial support. Even if you can't attend the fundraiser, Please send a donation. It doesn't have to be much. Look at the amazing amount of money that was raised by donations of $10 for Haiti. Ask yourself what you could spend $10 on in the course of a day..... now think about that $10 going to help a young lady fighting cancer....which would make you feel better.

You will be helping with expense that you normally do not think about when someone is going through cancer treatments like gas going to and from appointments & tests, dental work, expenses for family to travel if need be, and the lists go on and on. Let's see what we can do for one of our own.

There is going to be a benefit to help her and her family as they go through this time The date and time are as follows:

Date: Saturday, May 15, 2010
Time: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Location: Mountain View Campground
Street: 200 Mountain View Drive
City/Town: Dixfield, ME


There will be camping allowed for the evening of May 15th at rates of Tent-for 4 people at $19.00 and Campers at $25.00.

There will be a Chinese auction, pig scramble, a Petting Zoo, raffles, face painting, a moon walk tent, food, music and dancing. It is a fun time for a very good cause.

Please check out the Facebook Page " Benefit for Brittany Riley" it has information and updates on the event.

If you would like to donate to the auction or send a cash donation, please send it to the following addresses :

Brittany Riley Benefit,
P.O. Box 456
Dixfield, Maine 04224

Brittany Riley Benefit
74 Norton Road
Dixfield Maine 04224


I am sending out a challenge to other cancer survivors and bloggers to donate any amount you can. Let's help this young woman!!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful, Linda.

jes_fer_u said...

Thank you so much Linda...The blog on Brittany is wonderful!! cant believe how many caring people are still out there for someone they have never even met... I speak for all involved including Brittany and her family. God Bless You!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am brittanys sister and i would like to thank you for making this. i am very happy to know that people out there that dont even know her or our family are willing to do as much as they have so once again i would like to say thank you.

Linda said...

Your welcome Hon...I will keep your sister in my heart and prayers. <3

Heidi said...

I am speachless! I have been sitting here for over an hour trying to come up with the right words to thank everyone.I question each and everyday how did we end up here? why my baby girl? and how do I as a mother continue to stay strong when my chest hurts day in and day out. I can seem to save the tears for when im alone and continue to be strong for my other children and at the same time feel so helpless because I as a mother can't fix this sickness. I can't kiss away the pain all I can do is give her the meds she needs and hold her. As I sit here I have learned that because of each one of you We are strong our entire family. Brittany is my oldest daughter, she is an amazing young woman and a huge part of my heart and soul. I want to thank everyone! I look forward to meeting those I have not had the oportunity to meet yet. Thank you
Heidi Harrington

Linda said...

Hi Heidi...I can't imagine what you are going through...as a mother I would feel the same way to. Having had cancer, I know that the most important thing in beating cancer is a positive attitude..My Dr.s told me that at the beginning..I told myself everyday I had cancer but it didn't have me..My support system did the same...That is the best thing you can do for Brittany...even when she is down tell her to think positive..keep it in her mind...There is a mind-body connection and it will respond...and she will be getting that same positive reinforcement from all of us..that unseen reinforcement for not only Brittany but you and your family. She is young and strong...all of those are very much in her favor..

Brittany will beat this cancer... :)

Lori said...

Thank you, Linda, for finding the right words to respond to Heidi with. I am sitting here sobbing after reading through the comment that she left.

I know as a Mom I would feel just as she does. I too would want to kiss it away. I would want to do anything at all if it would just not be so. Staying positive is so important, as well as having support, and that is where we come in.

We will continue to support Brittany, in any way we can, as well as her family. We are here and we will be here, as long as necessary.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...