Feb 25, 2010

Power Outage Chronicles







We are having an extended power outage on our road and though it is taking more time than many of us here think necessary....... it has been a good time to think on many things as well as long discussions between the hubby and myself.So I have decided to share some of these thoughts on life....

Being kind to Mother Earth means being kind to yourself mentally, spiritually and physically. Most people do not realize that when you undertake ways to create a better environment for yourself, you enhance it for all living things in your immediate care.....your home, family , animals and the land that you have the privilege of taking care of... It has to do with a psychological cycle... Hopefully it will make sense.... If everyone just did one thing to help the environment, the impact on the earth as well as themselves would be so profound. I think most people feel that the earth is so polluted and damaged that nothing can be done, so why bother. That is a defeatist attitude that only escalates the problem. But when you are cluttered emotionally by external factors it is like looking through a filthy windshield that becomes filthier when you try to clear it away...the smallest thing seems insurmountable....

then something happens...an EPIPHANY...

That realization that there are good people out there...within the sea of humanity are those shining lights that shout out "you are not alone, we are going through the same thing." That not everyone is like this...and you begin scrubbing at that windshield with a power you never knew existed within you.
For example, look at the amount of money raised when people donated just $10.00 via cell phone for Haiti...it was an amazing example of what a unified people, be it millions or a couple ( Thanks Peggy & Larry for the use of your generator! It is deeply appreciated), can accomplish doing one small gesture of compassion....good for those they help and for themselves....pay it forward.... It has to do with that Karmic table...what you put there comes back to you two and three fold... my husband and I see it every day ...sometimes materially but a lot spiritually and emotionally.....it is a give and take...

Imagine if we did that in our homes ...in our nation...in the world...whether it is changing over to green cleaning for your health, writing to your Senator to let them know your feelings about issues or donating 10.00 to help those in need.
These small actions become a powerful force which puts into perspective what is important in life....

Less is more...Simplify....Back to Land.....
Teach Your Children Well...Take Care of Yourself...

Why....because it will effect how you impact your surroundings in a positve or negative way......Surrounding yourself with negativity whether it is things, situations or people will effect you...no matter the distance.... One of my best friends is Sr.Lura Grace....I just love her so dearly ....she impacts this world so quietly and simply yet so powerfully and spiritually. Even though she lives in another state.. I feel her energy in my life every day.. That is positive!

To think clear you have to feel cleared....My husband, Steve, has watched me practice Feng Shui for a few years now. Karen Kingston says in her book " Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui" that by watching you practice this, they will see results motivating them to engage personally. They start with one action, effort or decision but it is solely theirs.

About three weeks ago, my husband has started to clean the basement. He has gone past cleaning and and has been decluttering in a major way.I am very happy about this development in two ways...it you could have seen this area you would know why

First, the clutter, the dirt and grime is gone. The air quality has improved.
It is visually different.
Second, the cellar represents the past...He is leaving it behind...He also wanted me to quote him saying "I am leaving toxic people behind too" The effects have been enormous. It is one thing when you are practicing it by youself but when your significant other starts...well it creates a energy flow that is felt all over the environment you inhabit.....I relate it to the flow of water..........
The power in water is electrifying .....
You actually feel better.... a debilitating weight is lifted. Whether it is grime, clutter, or toxic people, you have to clean house (or in this case basement) for your health and well-being. You feel rejuvenated....
A Phoenix rising from the ashes...
(Yes I am a Scorpio as my hubby is...
a very powerful team....)
The more you apply yourself, the more you want to cleanse your lifestyle.... the results... the prosperity and tranquility of your space creating a much needed peace of mind
I guess these thoughts are flowing because of the clearing of space that we have been doing...It has also been a time of reflection for me because I have now been divorced 10 years and many of the goals I had set for myself after have not come to fruition. Why...it is because I have allowed many things to get in my way. My husband has done the same thing. But this journey is not lost as I have discovered many of my creative paths that I did not know existed. For me it has been wonderful.... something more I can share with my children..... Follow your heart. Something I have gotten away from. I have spent too much wasted time catering to what others want, bending to their wishes or their issues, appeasing selfishness, denial and allowing interference, silence when things should have been said......
To them I say...
Please....
Go to Therapy!!!! ....You seriously need it......

For myself, I set new goals.......surround myself with family and friends that empower and love me, who look out for my best interests as I do them, a home on a secluded pond( one of my original goals which I am already working on)...my own business...a trip to Walden Pond...visiting some of my best girls like Lura and Lori....

As Steve said... We start a new adventure...I can't wait!!!!!!!!!






Disclaimer: any pictures used that are not mine are for commenting purposes only.
Epiphany: rodgerpegues.files.wordpress.com




6 comments:

Lori said...

What a lovely read this was, Linda. It encompasses all that makes us human. Thank you!

Bobby Kennedy had this to say about the GNP (gross national product), and what it does not mean:

"Too much and too long, we seem to have surrendered community excellence and community values in the mere accumulation of material things. Our gross national product ... if we should judge America by that - counts air pollution and cigarette advertising, and ambulances to clear our highways of carnage. It counts special locks for our doors and the jails for those who break them. It counts the destruction of our redwoods and the loss of our natural wonder in chaotic sprawl. It counts napalm and the cost of a nuclear warhead, and armored cars for police who fight riots in our streets. It counts Whitman's rifle and Speck's knife, and the television programs which glorify violence in order to sell toys to our children.

"Yet the gross national product does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education, or the joy of their play. It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages; the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither our wit nor our courage; neither our wisdom nor our learning; neither our compassion nor our devotion to our country; it measures everything, in short, except that which makes life worthwhile. And it tells us everything about America except why we are proud that we are Americans."

Amen, and may he rest in peace eternally.

People like yourself are what will continue to bring about positive change, Linda.

((hugs))

Lori

Linda said...

Thanks Lori...

This was such a wonderful quote by a great great man.... Sometimes when I try to figure out the rhyme and reason I have to move back and change my path...that is what I am presently doing.....

Thanks for your wonderful compliment too...though I am sure there are some who would say I get in the way of their status quo....they do not like change aka growth... LOL Oh Well!!!

Please post these great quotes anytime GF...you and Lura always come up with such profound ones!!

Love You :)

Anonymous said...

Love you, too, Linda.

As for those who don't like 'change' and cling to the status quo, please ask them what the definition of insanity is for me, will ya?

Einstein defined it as doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. :)

Be kind to yourself, dear.

Me

Lori said...

Oh, and that was me! lol

My cold meds have kicked in.

Linda said...

Thanks for the positive reinforcements GF...It is their problem now...they can swim in their insanity...I have better things to do :)

Sounds like you have a cold...Take Care Hon... Tea, toast and a blanket...get some rest :)

Lori said...

I hope you read this. I just remembered that one of the booths I visited in an antique mall had the coolest price tags. The person had used red playing cards (ACE)and written on them in black felt pen. I loved it because I need glasses now, but I rarely wear them while I am out in public, and the tags were so easy to find, as well as to read. Anyway, I just wanted to share one of my little awesome moments with you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...