Jan 27, 2010

My Hubby's Amazing Talent


My husband Steve is amazing! I can't tell you how much fun it is to see what he can come up with when he starts a project. If I see something I like on the web or an idea I have, all I have to do is show him a picture of it. Presto! It is made.

His latest project is this Harley Davidson V-twin motorcycle. As we both try to recycle and repurpose most of our items, he decided to really put himself to the test and build this bike completely from items that he had in his shop. My husband is a machinist and every tiny detail of this model is handmade by him.

The engine is built from bolts, a big nut, steel stock, and nails. The frame is built from steel round stock and aluminum plate. Rubber for the tires and wheels came from an aircraft mfg. plant.

Steve spent many hours turning these parts on a lathe, also made by him from recycled items. Some parts he shaped by hand. The result is amazing and these pictures do not do this model justice.

He has another project in mind that I can't wait for him start...it involves a huge wagon wheel iron rim! I will post the results when he finishes it.








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...