Oct 4, 2009

Colo-Rectal Cancer

I have just passed my 2 Year anniversary. I am a rectal cancer survivor. The same cancer that took the life of Farrah Fawcett. I am very fortunate. God was good to me and I thank Him for His blessings. Those blessings come in the form of so many absolutely, wonderful people. Such as my friends at the Cancer Care Center of York Maine. Dr Diesler, Sue, Kim, Robyn, Coleen and Linda on the Oncology side and Dr Thurman, Amanda and Kim who oversaw my radiation treatments.

These wonderful people are miracle workers. Not only where they instrumental in my cure but they always made you feel like you were the most important person while you were there.

Along with them, are my family and friends who were there for me. My hubby Steve,my kids Melody and Aaron, my brother Steve and Aunt Pauline ( my true "Mom") and the rest of the Michaud family. My best friend, Sr. Lura Grace, who came up and spent time with me watching movies, keeping me company while I was recovering from surgery..My little dog Molly who stayed by my side from start to finish. When she moved back to her usual place towards the end of my treatments, I knew I was alright.

So on this 2nd Anniversary, from the bottom of my heart my deepest thanks for your support and love. I could never have done it without you!

Please get your friends or loved ones who are 50 or older to get their colonoscopy...It could save their life!






1 comment:

Méa Strauß said...

Oh Dear, please stay well... and I know know, you really recovered, as I am writing this 2014 :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...